Contributors
Jessica Dotta


Links

My Web Site
Glass Road Public Relations
InspireCompany
The Feathered Nest
Junie Moon
Graphics Fairy
Karla's Cottage
True Providence Jewelry

Recent Posts
Art Project
So, have you heard about Cell Phone novels?I know ...
There's still five more days of shopping! So wheth...
This movie trailer caught me by surprise. Then it ...
Black Friday for Writers
Last week I asked about Readers. This week I’m cur...
Paperless Books
Surviving the Doom and Gloom
It’s Halloween and I’m writing my Novel Journey po...
Reporting from the Trenches

Member of the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance


Click Here To Join




Click Here To Join



Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
stock.xchng

Powered by:


Meter:



Miscellaneous


Friday, January 16, 2009
Has A Muse Visited You Lately?
This past year while visiting blogs geared towards crafts, I discovered many were making “Faeries in a Jar.” While I found the idea darling, I thought it would be far more beneficial for writers to have a “Muse in the Jar.”

It would certainly solve the problem of having them show up and give those titillating when one is sitting in five lanes of traffic, bumper-to-bumper, without pen, paper or recorder to capture the rare thought. Or when we’re tangled up in Christmas tree lights, trying to decorate the house and bake gingerbread cookies, with no time to fly to our computer and writer. (Does anyone else suspect they’re attracted to the scent of molasses?)



Well this Christmas I decided to bottle a Muse for Ane, Gina and me.

I have to confess I had a lot of fun. Deciding that our muses had to be constructed of the best of the best, I took three of my books that were falling apart: an 1860’s Latin Book, Jane Austin’s Persuasion, and The Borrowers. I cut, pasted and glued until I made the perfect muses for us.




I had so much fun, that I created more which I’m selling on my blog, http://www.jessicadotta.blogspot.com/. I hope you'll come and visit.


Jessica Dotta
  posted at 6:42 PM
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 5/03/2009 08:57:00 AM, Blogger Gary Carden said...

Almost a decade ago, I wrote a book entitled "Mason Jars in the Flood." The title was based on an event from my lonly childhood when I threw all of my grandmother's canning jars into a flooded creed - each one with a note asking that someone come and play with me. Over the years, I have received a few Mason jars in the mail, each containing some token from a shared past.

I'm just prowling, lurking. My name is Gary and I have a blog: hollernotes.blogspot.com/ I read a great deal.

 
At 6/29/2009 05:33:00 AM, Blogger ~MyGalSal~The "Bird Whisperer" said...

I would like to follow you and link your blog to my page but I dont see a "follow me" link on your page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home