Contributors
Jessica Dotta


Links

My Web Site
Glass Road Public Relations
InspireCompany
The Feathered Nest
Junie Moon
Graphics Fairy
Karla's Cottage
True Providence Jewelry

Recent Posts
Give Your Imput on a Book Cover?
If the Shoe Fits, Marilynn Griffith
The Start of the Harry Potter Critiques
An Interesting E-mail on the Subject
The Cat's Meat Shop
The Lady and the Unicorn
Writer's Quote
Harry Potter, One Writer's Critique
Last week I read Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Gol...
Tip for the Writer: On your websites, I suggest no...

Member of the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance


Click Here To Join




Click Here To Join



Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
stock.xchng

Powered by:


Meter:



Miscellaneous


Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Germ, by Robert Liparulo
Don't Breathe


Even though I only just joined the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance, I had the pleasure of reading an advance copy of Germ after receiving it at the International Christian Retail Show.

I was intrigued because the back cover stated that the concept of the novel was so unique that six Hollywood producers were bidding on the film rights before the completion of the manuscript.

How could I not read it?

The unique concept is a virus that has been altered to only attack specific DNA. This book is definitely a 'man's book.' It reminded me of a high-packed action film. Cars exploding. Bullets hitting people. Unstoppable assassins. Impossible odds.

Recently there was an outcry in the CBA about books having too much violence in them. I wondered if Germ had started the debate.

My thoughts are that a writer has to write to the crowd of people he is ministering to. Has anyone watched a video game lately? That group isn't going to pick up a Beverly Lewis novel, but they might just read Germ.

I ended up finishing the novel in about two or three days. (I have to admit, I skimmed huge chunks of action. Cars and bullets just don't do it for me.) I liked the novel overall, and think Mr. Liparulo is a fabulous writer. I hear he's a really nice guy to boot.

About a month ago, I tuned into an old episode of Star Trek, The Next Generation and the crew of the Enterprise was trying to figure out what caused an ambassador to die. It turns out, the ambassador was contaminated with a genetically engineered germ programmed to attack his DNA. Go figure.

Ah well, nothing's new under the sun, anyway.



Robert is an award-winning author of over a thousand published articles and short stories. He is currently a contributing editor for New Man magazine. His work has appeared in Reader's Digest, Travel & Leisure, Modern Bride, Consumers Digest, Chief Executive, and The Arizona Daily Star, among other publications. In addition, he previously worked as a celebrity journalist, interviewing Stephen King, Tom Clancy, Charlton Heston, and others for magazines such as Rocky Road, Preview, and L.A. Weekly. He has sold or optioned three screenplays.

He is currently working on his third novel.

http://www.robertliparulo.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0785261788

Jessica Dotta
  posted at 12:23 PM
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home